Many first time homeowners may wonder what exactly is covered by their Florida homeowners insurance policy. They may also wonder what isn’t covered and how they can find gaps in their policy. Not to worry let’s discuss this and how to find an affordable Florida homeowners insurance quote.
What will be covered?
When it comes to a standard homeowners insurance policy from https://floridainsurancequotes.net/florida-homeowners-insurance/, you must know what is covered. If you are looking into purchasing basic coverage, these things will be covered :
- Dwelling – This will help protect your home structure, your appliances that are built in, and carpet damage.
- The insides – This will cover all of your personal property and belongings that aren’t attached to your home. This includes personal property like furniture or your entire wardrobe.
- Liability – This would come into play if an accident occurs in your home that hurts another person or their items. This can help you pay for damages that are covered.
- Medical costs- This will help you pay for medical costs or even the funeral of someone who got hurt while on your property.
- Other Structures on the property – This will cover all extra structures on your property. This includes a barn, shed, or garage.
Now that you have seen what is covered. Let’s discuss what isn’t covered. When shopping for an FL homeowners insurance quote, remember these factors aren’t covered.
- Flooding – Don’t expect to be covered for floods. If you want that additional coverage, you will need to purchase flood insurance.
- Mold – When it comes to mold, it is very tricky. Some policies will cover mold, while others do not.
- Sewer backup- Damage that is caused by your sewer backing up is not covered by your policy. This is a very expensive repair that can be from $5,000 to $30,000.
Where can I shop for home insurance deals?
You need to collect your home insurance quote for FL online here. It is the best place to start your search for affordable Florida home insurance rates. Start saving your precious time by shopping online.
So remember, when it comes time to shop for your policy, remember what is and isn’t covered. If something is not covered and you would like to have it, you will be able to purchase additional coverage along with your policy. Great deals are out there when it comes to covering your home.